Thursday, March 11, 2010

Consider Back to the Future (part II)

Right, last time I talked about the diverging time-lines of "Back to the Future", and how the movie finished with a sort of loose end, if you analysed it to a stupidly obsessive degree.

With the sequel, there are no such loose ends. It's a perfect harmony of looping causality, dovetailing together with no problems whatsoever.

What I will talk about is the fact that the "future" they visited is 2015. That's only five years from now.

I'm not really an expert in automotive theory, but I don't think we're going to have flying cars in the next 66 months. And while it may be possible to make and release Jaws 19 by then, I think squeezing Jaws 5 to 18 into less than five years would be beyond the ability of even the producers of the "Saw" franchise. Don't even get me started on Dust Repellant Paper! Such things that dreams are made of.

But there is one thing we can do to bring that future closer to reality.

Pepsi? Are you listening? We need that pepsi perfect bottle. Market it as a limited edition to celebrate 30 years since the original movie.

Here's your slogan: "There are no flying cars or hoverboards, but here's one thing the movie got right."

It'll be a winner, trust me. It's time to educate the new new generation what the old new generation used to choose.

Also.... Where the hell are Hoverboards? I mean come on. How hard can it be to make one? I'm sick of waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment